This one-day course introduces the principles and equipment involved in work at height systems and, through a combination of classroom and practical work, the process of a safe and systematic approach to working at height operations.
The course is aimed at Safety Representatives, Supervisors with responsibility for work at height operations and Equipment Users.
- Hierarchy of Risk
- Scaffold Towers
- Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP’s)
- Personal Fall Protection Systems
- Fall Arrest
- Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Equipment Inspection
- Organisation and Planning
- Rescue and Emergency Planning
- Written Test (multiple choice)
- Demonstration of Specific Equipment
- Inspection and Defects
- Isolating Equipment
- Practical Exercises and Demonstrations
This course is run daily at AquaTerra House, please select a date in the below form for more details. Please note that this course may also be run on client's own premises/site which can be specified in the enquiry form.
The Candidate must:
- attend the entire course
- adhere to course content and demonstrate the required practical application techniques
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course will be valid for a three year period after which recertification must take place.