To train Shippers/Cargo Agents and Acceptance Staff in the Safe Transportation of Radioactive material by sea.
Shippers/Cargo Agents and Acceptance staff responsible for radioactive shipments.
To ensure that personnel responsible for shipping radioactive material by air and sea can:
- Understand and apply the IMDG Code with respect to radioactive material transport by sea
- Understand their responsibilities
- Identify the criteria for the classification of radioactive material
- Identify Proper Shipping Names and UN Numbers
- Identify radioactive material which is forbidden for sea transport
- Understand and apply the information contained in the List of Dangerous Goods / Dangerous Goods List
- Correctly pack radioactive material in the appropriate packagings
- Mark and label packages
- Determine Activity Limits, Criticality, Transport Index and Transport Category
- Document shipments
- Accept or reject a shipment based on the above
- Recognise when additional documentation is required
- The IMDG Code
- UN Numbers and Proper Shipping Names
- The List of Dangerous Goods / Dangerous Goods List
- Marking and Labelling
The Candidate must:
- attend the entire course
- adhere to course content and demonstrate the required practical application techniques
- receive a pass mark of 75% on the examination
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course will be valid for a two year period after which recertification must take place.