The aim of this course is to ensure that personnel receive the appropriate training for their function to ensure that they can correctly pack, mark, label and document shipments of dangerous goods by road (as required by their role).
To ensure that all in the organization contribute towards compliance, improved safety and effective dangerous goods movement.
Participants: All levels of staff responsible for consigning known substances or articles of dangerous goods
The objectives of the course are to ensure that delegates:
- Can recognise the hazards associated with dangerous goods and make suitable assessments about compatibility of shipments
- Understand the core dangerous goods legislation as regards packaging, labelling, marking and documenting shipments
- Can use the relevant texts to prepare dangerous goods shipments for transport by road
- Understand and apply the Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Understand their responsibilities
- Classify dangerous goods according to the type of hazard and degree of danger
- Identify Proper Shipping Names
- Identify dangerous goods which are forbidden for air transport
- Understand and apply the information contained in the List of Dangerous Goods
- Correctly pack dangerous goods in the appropriate packaging.
- Mark and label packages
- Document shipments
- Accept or reject a shipment based on the above
- Appropriately handle and stow dangerous goods
- Dangerous goods documentation
- Operational requirements
Course elements include:
- The dangerous goods legislation and classification system
- The hazards of dangerous goods
- Marking and labelling
The candidate must:
- attend the entire course
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course. It is recommended to undertake a refresher course after a two year period.