The objective of this course is to ensure that students can prepare a Dangerous Goods Shipment in accordance with the Requirements of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations or verify that a Dangerous Goods Shipment has been properly prepared for acceptance by an Operator.
To ensure that personnel responsible for shipping dangerous goods can:
- Understand and apply the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Understand their responsibilities
- Classify dangerous goods according to the type of hazard and degree of danger
- Identify Proper Shipping Names
- Identify dangerous goods which are forbidden for air transport
- Understand and apply the information contained in the List of Dangerous Goods
- Correctly pack dangerous goods in the appropriate packaging.
- Mark and label packages
- Document shipments
- Accept or reject a shipment based on the above
- Appropriately hand and stow dangerous goods
- The IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Classes, UN Numbers, Proper Shipping Names and Packing Groups
- Identification and the List of Dangerous Goods
- Marking and Labelling
The Candidate must:
- attend the entire course
- adhere to course content and demonstrate the required practical application techniques
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course will be valid for a two year period after which recertification must take place.