The objective of this course is to ensure that students can prepare a Dangerous Goods Shipment in accordance with the Requirements of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations or verify that a Dangerous Goods Shipment has been properly prepared for acceptance by an Operator.
To ensure that personnel responsible for shipping dangerous goods can:
- Understand and apply the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Understand their responsibilities
- Classify dangerous goods according to the type of hazard and degree of danger
- Identify Proper Shipping Names
- Identify dangerous goods which are forbidden for air transport
- Understand and apply the information contained in the List of Dangerous Goods
- Correctly pack dangerous goods in the appropriate packaging.
- Mark and label packages
- Document shipments
- Accept or reject a shipment based on the above
- Appropriately hand and stow dangerous goods
- The IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Classes, UN Numbers, Proper Shipping Names and Packing Groups
- Identification and the List of Dangerous Goods
- Marking and Labelling
The scheduled course dates below are for training to be delivered at AquaTerra House.
If these dates are not suitable, or you would like to enquire about training delivery at your own premises/site, please use the button below to send an enquiry
There are currently no scheduled dates for January, please get in touch if you require more information.
5 Feb 2018 - 7 Feb 2018
5 Mar 2018 - 7 Mar 2018
2 Apr 2018 - 4 Apr 2018
7 May 2018 - 9 May 2018
4 Jun 2018 - 6 Jun 2018
2 Jul 2018 - 4 Jul 2018
6 Aug 2018 - 8 Aug 2018
3 Sep 2018 - 5 Sep 2018
1 Oct 2018 - 3 Oct 2018
5 Nov 2018 - 7 Nov 2018
3 Dec 2018 - 5 Dec 2018
The Candidate must:
- attend the entire course
- adhere to course content and demonstrate the required practical application techniques
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course will be valid for a two year period after which recertification must take place.