This one-day course will provide delegates with an understanding of the roles, responsibilities and requirements for a safe and systematic approach to confined space operations.
A mixture of theory and practical work, the course is aimed at Managers, Safety Representatives and Supervisors with responsibility for confined space operations and considers the legislative framework for managing confined space operations safely and the process of personnel, training and equipment selection.
- Health and Welfare Information
- Legislation and Regulations
- Confined Space Hazards
- Gases and Gas Monitoring
- Safe Systems of Work
- Equipment Inspection
- Emergency Planning and Rescue
- Written Test (multiple choice)
PRACTICAL EXERCISES AND DEMONSTRATIONS
- Organisation and Planning
- Method Statements
- Risk Assessments
- Rescue Planning
- Rescue Scenario Management
The Candidate must:
- attend the entire course
- adhere to course content and demonstrate the required practical application techniques
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course will be valid for a three year period after which recertification must take place.