To provide Drivers with the instruction required by the Department of Transport to pass the Scottish Qualifications Authority examinations in order to obtain their vocational training certificate (common known as the ADR licence).
The course aims to give drivers of dangerous goods theoretical and practical training in the basic regulations governing the carriage of dangerous goods by road, the classes of dangerous goods, emergency response, first aid, fire fighting, operational procedures, handling, loading, unloading and equipment.
This course, the examinations and the tutor are regulated by the Department for Transport and Scottish Qualifications Authority.
To provide training which counts towards Driver CPC training hours as per DSA requirements.
This course is aimed at:
Drivers of dangerous goods:
- Requiring initial training to obtain their Vocational Training Certificate (VTC)
- Holding a VTC but wishing to add new modules
- Holding a VTC and resitting modules
- Holding a VTC and wishing to take refresher training before expiry of their VTC
The course is modular and the delegates select the course from the following options as required:
- Carriage other than in Tankers (Packages)
- Carriage in Tankers
- Class 1 Explosives
- Class 2 Gases
- Class 3 Flammable Liquids
- Class 4 Flammable Solids, Spontaneously Combustible, Dangerous When Wet
- Class 5 Oxidizers and Organic Peroxides
- Class 6 Toxic and Infectious
- Class 7 Radioactive
- Class 8 Corrosive
- Class 9 Miscellaneous
Please contact us for assistance in selecting the correct modules for your driver.
When attending initial ADR training as part of Driver CPC, the course will also include modules covering topics from the Driver CPC syllabus. 35 hours can be obtained by completing the 7 day course.
The scheduled course dates below are for training to be delivered at AquaTerra House.
If these dates are not suitable, or you would like to enquire about training delivery at your own premises/site, please use the button below to send an enquiry
8 Jan 2018 - 12 Jan 2018
12 Feb 2018 - 16 Feb 2018
12 Mar 2018 - 16 Mar 2018
9 Apr 2018 - 13 Apr 2018
14 May 2018 - 18 May 2018
11 Jun 2018 - 15 Jun 2018
9 Jul 2018 - 13 Jul 2018
13 Aug 2018 - 17 Aug 2018
10 Sep 2018 - 14 Sep 2018
8 Oct 2018 - 12 Oct 2018
12 Nov 2018 - 16 Nov 2018
10 Dec 2018 - 14 Dec 2018
- Please note that refresher candidates must have a VTC that has validity of not more than 12 months and no less than 4 weeks at the date of examination.
- Please allow approximately 4 weeks for examination marking.
- Attendance on an ADR training course should be taken into account when calculating driver's hours.
The candidate must:
- attend the entire course
- adhere to course content and demonstrate the required practical application techniques
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course will be valid for a five year period after which recertification must take place.